I should have titled this post bad news/good news cause I'm going to give the bad news first and the good news second. But I thought good news/bad news sounded better than bad news/good news. Anyhoo--on with the post.
1. Bad news--my cat of three years is gone. It has been over a week and she has not come home. This is not a good sign. :( Anyone that knows me will know that 3 years is a record time for keeping a cat at my house. We have had around 8 cats over the past 14 years. We live in a rural area so they either get eaten by wildlife, run over by cars, lost or stolen. It is right around the time that I have finished spending $200-300 on the cat getting it's shots/fixed/whatever that it goes missing. In fact, I kinda wonder why the animal shelter keeps letting us adopt them. Which brings me to me good news....
We have two new kittens! :) (The odds are against these poor cuties..) We went to the shelter, *just to look* and voila! two kittens were headed home with us. They are super cute. I will post pictures later. The girls named them Jake and Lily.
2. Bad news--it is STILL raining, foggy, shitty here in Maine. Good news--we don't have to worry about a drought.
3. Bad news--grey hairs are beginning to show up again. Good news--color and cut scheduled for Saturday.
4. Bad news--the world finds out the Arnold Schwarzenegger is a pig. Good news--I am not married to him.
5. Good news--school is out on 6/15. No more getting kids up early, packing lunches, homework, after school activites, band concerts, book fairs, notes from the principal etc etc. Bad news--school is getting out so childcare bill rises to at least $350/week and more if there is a sports camp involved.
Hope your day involves more good news than bad news!