Some suggestions from co-workers/friends:
eat a banana
put ivory soap in your bed (must be an old wives tale)
drink more water
Anyone have any ideas about why leg cramps occur? I have a banana for snack packed today, I drink at least 32-48 oz of water each day--any other suggestions?
And now on to another rousing edition of Wednesday Listicles! This week's topic is a choice--10 things you want to see before you die or 10 things that give you anxiety. Anxiety please. Here we go!
1. Fighting with my husband.
2. Conflict in general. Any conflict with anyone. I am not very good at defending myself and/or attacking others.
4. Aging and all the fun stuff that goes with it. Chin hairs, grey hairs, big pores, sagging skin, dry and dull hair, etc. etc. etc. Some days I just think whatever, and other days I just obsess about it. Super glad I don't live in Hollywood or Vegas. ack.
5. Clutter in my house or a dirty house. I'm not Suzy homemaker or anything but I get really irritated and pissy when everyone's stuff is scattered all over the house or when my house is beyond dirty. I cannot think of anything else until said clutter/dirt is eliminated.
6. Loud noises and/or repetitive noises. (There will be no drum players in my house.) I am very sound intolerant so if there is someone tapping, banging, scraping, whatever--it just drives me mad. Chinese water torture has nothing on me, someone tapping over and over--now that will send me over the edge.
7. OWS. See THIS post. Apparantly, I have an issue with unclear water. Time will tell to see if I can overcome this--Rev 3 Oly tri in Old Orchard Beach 8/26/12.
8. Remaking glasses if a patient has a problem with the new prescription. I always feel like they think I'm an idiot even though 99.9% of the time the problem has nothing to do with my prescription-writing ability.
9. Family drama--see #2.
10. Insomnia. If I don't fall asleep within 20 minutes of shutting off the lights, my mind starts going nuts. Here's what goes on inside my head:
12 a.m. oh shit. still not asleep yet. should I take an Advil PM? no, let's give it a few. clear mind. count sheep. quiet. clear mind.
1 a.m. double shit. still awake. wtf. I'm going to be so tired tomorrow. think quiet thoughts. dream about being on vacation on a beach relaxing. quiet. calm.
2 a.m. wtf? still not sleeping. I've got to get up in 4 freakin' hours. how the heck am I going to function tomorrow? f**k.
2:30 a.m f**k f**k f**k. too late to take an Advil PM. wtf. should I get up to read? watch tv? f**k.
<finally falls asleep at 3 a.m.>
6:58 a.m. wakes up in a panic by husband leaving for work. wtf! why didn't you wake me up? now I'm f**kin late! f**k!
What makes you anxious?
Any ideas on how to avoid leg cramps?
Happy Hump Day!