Monday, July 8, 2013

The Weekend in Bullet Points

~My phone died on 4th of July.  Talk about a PIA.  I stuffed it in my cycling jersey to map my ride and when I got home the screen was a bunch of blue lines.  I thought maybe my sweat had messed it up so I stuck it in rice.  I sweat, but not like a ton of sweat, especially on my back where the pocket was so this was a long shot.  Of course, it didn't work. 

You cannot even begin to imagine how annoying it is to not have a phone.  Well, actually, the phone part I missed the least.  It's the camera, fb updates, text messages and instant internet access that I really missed.  How pathetic I have become. 

I had so many opportunities for awesome instagram photos that I missed.  Again pathetic.  More on that later.

Long story short, I opted stay with US Cellular (because they were going to send me a free phone and not charge me disconnect fees) rather than switch to Verizon and get iPhones.  She tells me US Cellular is getting iPhones later in the year, but I think she was just blowing smoke up my ass to keep me with them.  Whatever.  I got a free phone heading my way.

~Not only did my phone die, but our septic pump died as well.  On the 4th of July.  Excellent.  For those of you in cities and on town septic and have no idea what I'm talking about, in Maine most everyone has their own septic system with a leachfield. The poo and pee goes into this big tank underground and eventually the liquid part of the stuff rises up and this pump pumps it out through this elaborate sand and rock pile buried under your lawn.  When the pump goes, that can be bad news because that pee and poo gets all backed up.  I had no idea, but we have an alarm that tells us when the pump isn't working properly.  Thank you very much.  And thank you again that I'm married to a plumber so he 'fixed' it with a temporary pump until today or tomorrow when we get our new pump.  Good times.  Good times.  No pictures because phone is broken..

~Beach, sunburn, more beach, more sunburn, boat, more sun and beach again.  Hello summer!  Where have you been?  Glad you could finally make it.   Again, no pics because phone is broken.

~You would not believe the sight we saw in the truck stop/restaurant yesterday on my way home from dropping my Princess off to spend a week at camp with my mother.  Once again, why the frig is my phone broken.  Since googling to find a similar picture gave me not the kind of pictures I was looking for...eeek... I will just describe what we saw. 

Picture a 50ish yo old woman not in the best shape, wearing a tiny string bikini, with a sheer veil-like material skirt.  Rear view showed us it was a thong.  And this was at a truck stop in the middle of middle Maine, no beach in sight.  Oy. 

~5 mile run one day. 23 mile bike another day.  2000 yd swim on yet another day.  A good exercise weekend all in all. 

~Took advantage of InkNBurn's sale over the weekend and purchased some new running gear!  I cannot wait until it gets here!  So so so so cute. 


How was your weekend?  Anything break at your house?

1 comment:

..:danielle:.. said...

this post would have been so much better with pictures. or miley cyrus song lyics. :)