2. I turn 43 tomorrow. Forty fuckin' three years old! As in, the BIG 40 + 3!! When the hell did that happen? I have no emotion about that either other than wow, I can't believe I'm that freakin old and I'm still alive and don't need a cane or reading glasses or hair dye or dentures or botox.
3. I am totally resisting the urge to sign up for this race even though I want to.
It is completely stupid to have your first trail race be 12 miles. Not to mention it is in 2-3 weeks. And I haven't ran over 8 miles since February. And my family would kill me if I signed up for another race. And I will not cave to peer pressure. This means YOU Danielle.
I will, however, put this race and it's smaller brother and sister races on the tentative schedule for next year and complete the Bad Ass Series.
THAT, you can convince me to do. And I hope Danielle joins me.
4. In somewhat related news, I won a pair of Inov 8 running shoes while taking part in a tweet chat yesterday at lunch! I have no idea how long it will take to get them, but I'm pretty darn excited! If I get to choose the style, I'm going to choose a trail running sneaker since I don't have any right now and I want to start trail running.
5. Last weekend there was a community event held where all the elementary school aged kids can come and get their school supplies for free. Backpacks, paper, pencils, you name it. Whatever is on the teacher's list for supplies, is at this event to get for free. So my oldest daughter needs 3 1" binders. But horror of all horrors, only white is available. Can you imagine? FREE binders and only white to choose from. Poor kids.
Anyway, she decided she wanted to look at the store for other colors (which I was totally not going to pay for). We went to Rite-Aid later that night and she found blue, red and black.
She actually wanted me to pay $24.00 for 3 binders that we could have gotten for free just an hour earlier.
No. Fucking. Way.
She decided to go back the next day and buy them with her own money and was so proud of herself when they were on sale for $4/binder. So total cost $12 for 3 binders. And she's happy as a pig in shit.
What am I doing wrong?! I can't even begin to understand the logic in that.
Teenagers are a logic vacuum. That's all there is to it.
6. I pulled this hangnail on my finger the other day. No big deal, right? Well, usually that is the case but for some reason, this one is now all swelled up like a big nasty slug is growing out of it and it hurts like a mother. I can barely even touch it and pain sends me into another universe. I hit it in my sleep last night and just about died from the pain. I will spare you the picture.
Have you won any stuff from social media?
Do you buy your kids the expensive binders or make them have the ugly free ones?