Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Hello? Is anyone out there?

So, hey!  How are things going?  Long time no see write.  It seems like when you get in the habit of writing a blog on a regular basis, that's just what you do.  When you get in the habit of NOT writing the blog on a regular basis, well, that's what you do too.

I always feel like I don't really have anything important or inspiring to say, but then I remember that isn't why I read blogs.  I read blogs because I like to hear about people's lives.  The 'boring', the 'dull', the regular shit stuff.  And what I really love is when someone can take something yawn-inducing-dull and make it funny and interesting.  Sorry, you don't get much of that here....  So I thought I'd get back into it again.  Even if I'm the only one who ever reads it.


Anyway, there has been plenty of stuff going on here in Maine.  Outdoor field hockey season is over and the oldest kiddo has moved on to the indoor club season.  She has made one of the U16 teams--we are still waiting to hear which one.  They have 3 teams A, B and C.  A being the most skilled and going down from there.  She doesn't really care which one she is on, she's just happy to be able to continue playing.

Junior high basketball has also started for Big Sissy.  I love junior high sports at our school.  All the practices and games are sometime after school and there is never anything scheduled on the weekend!  Yay!  One less thing to worry about finding the time for.  And the season is super short--it ends somewhere around the second week of January.

Manimal won his division at the Maine Skirmish again this year.  Pretty exciting stuff!  His last two matches were down to decision both times and the final even went into overtime!  Somehow, the little guy won again.
black gi, on the left.  1st-4th from left to right

just before decision--pure grit and determination

Photos courtesy of Central Maine Photography


Oh oh oh!!!  I can't believe this wasn't the first thing I wrote about---I FINALLY GOT AN IPHONE!!!   Can I get a whoop whoop!  I think I might be the last person on this planet to get one, but finally (thank you sweet baby jesus) US Cellular started carrying them.  Somehow I had the insight to call and reserve them so I wouldn't have to wait to get it.  Ok, actually, it was one of my patients earlier in the week who told me to call and reserve it, but whatever, I'm so glad I did!  They ended up selling out of them and some folks had to wait a week to get it!  #firstworldproblem


Yellow!  Is the color I chose!  And yes!  it is just this pretty.  Actually, it's even better in person.  It's so simple to use.  I feel like I'm finally at home.  As Phil Robertson would say, "happy, happy, happy"!



Work has been crazy busy this week and some of last week.  I think the word is out that we are on this vision plan that is popular around our area and folks have come out of the woodwork to get their eyes checked and pick out glasses.  This is good in that we are busy, and it would be great if we were getting paid by the insurance company.  Still waiting for those claims to come through.  I'll feel so much better once we get that first check and I know that we are billing properly and payments can be counted on.

Princess is still going along with her dance.  She is improving, it seems, at a rapid rate.  I really see where she is looking like a dancer now.  Right now they are preparing for The Nutcracker (like every other studio in the world).  I'm looking forward to that being over with and having a break for a little bit.  Her dance studio is about an hour away and classes at her level are twice a week.  I really don't even want to know what I spend a month in gas.  No, I really don't.


I've got two fun runs coming up for the end of this year.  Last year our YMCA did a 5K run/walk Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning and this year they are doing it again.  There are no fees but only request a donation of money that they will donate to the local food pantry.  Last year we raised $1600 so maybe we can break $2K this year!  So fun!  They are also going to do an Elf Run on 12/21 with all donations going to the Yarts club and it's trip to Atlanta.  The kids and I are going to dress up like elves for that race.  I'm considering going as a turkey for the turkey trot....

Do you have an iphone or android?  

Do you ever dress up for running?  Any ideas on what I should dress up as for the Turkey Trot?

I was thinking something like one of these:





5 comments:

..:danielle:.. said...

I dont have an iphone. nope. never. not even fancy dancy yellow.

middleagedrunner said...

I have that exact phone in that exact color and love it! Man, we are the cool kids with our technology ;-)

Carrie said...

I wait with bated breath for your latest posts. And see, Danielle and Sara read your blog too!

Yay for an iPhone! Is service reasonable through US Cellular? I can't believe I have to wait a year and an half to change. Boo.

Becka said...

I love the new colors of the iPhone. I have had them since they came out, tried to switch to a different phone once and cam crawling back....

When I upgrade net, maybe I'll get a fancy color.

Related: a co-worker dropped her iPhone5 8 stories through the elevator shaft and IT WAS FINE... No otterbox case or anything. What.

Lisa said...

I've been similarly less visible these days, but I still love reading it all!

I've never dressed up for a race; too much of a scrooge I guess.

And LOVE my iPhone!!!