Friday, March 7, 2014

Would you Rather?

I love Would You Rather!! So fun!  Rachel at Running in Real Life posted some 'would you rather' questions today so I thought I'd play along.

Would you rather:

~Run an 'easy-effort' marathon that lasts 5+ hours or a 'hard-puke-your-guts-out' 5K that lasts 19 minutes?

~Have your pet sleep on your head or on your legs?

~Write a really good blog that no one reads or a really crappy blog that thousands of people read?

~Have Monday off from work or Friday off from work?

~Get an oozy blister on your foot during a race or chafing during a race?

~Run one really awesome race this year or dozens of crappy ones?


My answers:

1.  I would rather run a puke your guts out 5K.  Especially if I could run it in 19 minutes!!  That would rock my world!  I would be rockstar at 43 years old!!  If I could run a 5K that fast I would travel around to every local-yokel race and #winalltheprizes!!

I do not thrive at distances longer than 8-9 miles.

2.  My pets already know the answer to this--they get a kick in the ass if they are anywhere near my legs, but tons of love if they sleep on my pillow.  I CANNOT have anything near/around/touching my legs.  *annoying!*  Even the husband!!  Don't touch my damn feet.  Just don't.

3.  Oh, there are pros and cons to both of these, but I suppose I'd rather have a good blog that no one reads.  Although, it was really cool to have 500+ views of that one post about consequences.  That was kinda neat to have so many people read what I wrote.  I imagine it would eventually stress me out to try to write something interesting every time if I had that many people reading all the time.  Thankfully, I'm back to my usual 40-50 views.

4. FRIDAY for sure!  I already have Friday afternoons off and that is the balls!  Give me another year or two and I'll be down to a 4 day work week.

5.  I'd rather have chafing.  The chafing goes away in 2-3 days where the blister can take up to 2 weeks to heal.

6.  Well, if the one fantastic race got me a Ironman finishers medal then the answer is one great race.


Happy Weekend to all 40 of you!!

3 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I would rather have a puke my guts out 5k too, and I agree don't sleep on my legs!!

That Pink Girl said...

5K! 5K! That's my goal this spring, to run some really strong 5Ks. (Although, doubtful it will end in "een", ha!
My cat used to sleep on my legs (makes it tough to move/get comfortable) but lately he's been cuddling up by my head, his head on my shoulder. I love it! Kitty snuggles are the best!

ajh said...

The snow days have messed me up and I have no idea what day it is.
My son severely sprained his ankle when we were at our daughter's college orientation and no one could get hold of us for hours. It was awful when I saw all those missed calls.