1. I know that 6 miles can solve most of your problems. Or at least, the problems don't seem as great after 6 miles.
2. I know my toes will never be the same.
3. I know how to spit at the exact velocity and direction to avoid hitting myself and others in varying degrees of wind.
4. Ditto with snot rockets.
5. I know running friends are the best friends. Even if you only see them at races or online. That is the truth.
7. I know at least 3 different routes from my house and around town for multiple distances--3, 6, 10, 12 miles--without using a GPS.
8. I know the misery of finding the chaffed spots on your body in the shower after finishing a triathlon. This is amplified if the race was in salt water. This could be a valid form of torture in wartime.
9. I know that bodies after 40 do not have to be fat asses and FUPAs. Do work and it can be size 6 jeans, a fit butt and actual legit abs.
no FUPA zone
10. I know that a runner's high does exist and it is far better and cheaper than any other high you might think of. (as long as you aren't counting all your running sneakers. then it's a close tie to crack cost-wise.) There is nothing like the feeling of accomplishing something you never thought possible.
11. I know what it feels like to be passed by a 70 year old dude wearing jeans. And a dude wearing a giant cardboard lighthouse. And that same dude wearing a moose costume. And a man my age pushing a double stroller. Not just a stroller, but a DOUBLE stroller.
moose man after he passed me.....
12. Despite #11, I know I am a badass.