I signed up for my first 5K race in 5/2010 and finished it in 27:01. Since then I have run 3 more races: Augusta Rail Trail 5K--25:42, Old Hallowell Days 5K--26:29 and the Lobster Roll 5K--26:09. I hope this year I can break the 25 mark.
For those that don't know me, here's a few facts that you may find interesting:
1. I'm an optometrist.
2. I've been married for 14 years to B.
3. I have 3 kids: girl 11 S, girl 7 C, and boy 5 D.
4. I play tennis at about a 3.5 level--which is pretty average.
5. I used to referee soccer until kids S, C and D arrived....
6. I drink 1 Mt. Dew each day--no coffee, blech. :p
7. I went to a high school whose name is now considered a swear word. Really. Ask me and I'll tell you what the name is.. :)
8. I've lived in Maine my whole life except for school in Boston.
9. I love cats. I could be that crazy cat lady who has a million cats if it weren't for the litter box. ick. So we have 1 cat.
10. I have always been a pretty average athlete, but have always wanted to be a super athlete. I will be happy with being a better-than-average athelte. That is my goal!
I am signed up for my first triathlon in April. http://www.noreaster-tri.com/ It is a reverse tri, in Maine, in April. Should be interesting.... :) A friend of mine from high school who is recently into running like me, has reluctantly agreed to join me! Yay BD! It will be her first tri as well.
Exercise goals for the week:
Spin class: 1 hour X 2
Swim: 1 mile
Run: 6 miles
Tennis: cardio tennis class and another day of match play
Thanks for reading and have a super great day!