Monday, March 28, 2011

bikes, snow and the hahbah!

Well, another weekend has come and gone.  It is just crazy how fast the time goes by.  I have six days until the Nor'easter Tri. I can't believe it's here already.  I'm as ready as I can be.  I have my bike and I managed to figure out the gears this weekend.  Thanks to BD, my tri partner! :)  Here we are getting ready to ride a local bike path.
Notice how stark and cold it looks outside!  It was freezing!!  Windy and only about 32 ish.  It even snowed during our ride.  Good God, it's almost April, when is spring going to get here???  I'm glad the swim is indoors and last.  Can you imagine biking and then running in 32 deg weather with soaking wet hair and clothes?  I guess the planners of this race probably thought of that.......  :)

For those of you who have never been to Boothbay Harbor, or Maine for that matter, here are some pics of my running route that I took that night after biking.  (I TOLD you it snowed!!  I wasn't kidding!)



I really am fortunate to live in such a beautiful area and see this every time I come out of my driveway.  Even if it is snow covered in March.  Late March.  :/  ugh.  All you Florida/Arizona/Texas people can laugh now, but in 2 months when I am running in 70 deg temps with 60% humitidy, I will have the last laugh.  ha ha.  Oh, and if the snow melts enough so that we can uncover our boat, we can soon get back to catching these:


Who is jealous now??

Workout schedule for the week:
Mon:  cardio tennis/spin
Tues:  Spin/run at night
Wed:  Spin/strength
Thurs:  cardio tennis/run at night
Fri:  off
Sat:  off
Sun:  Nor'easter Tri!!!

Have a super Monday!







3 comments:

Bobbi said...

Fri needs to say: Pedi/mani/tan!.....See ya Sunday Chiquita!!! ;)

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

Lobsters look way less appetizing when they look like they could attack me. hahahah.

Christi said...

Have a great race! The lobster looks very yummy!