Thursday, March 3, 2011

yes you can!

I wasn't going to post a blog today because I didn't have anything I wanted to talk about--no funny story to tell or problem in my life to share, until I got on my Facebook account this morning.  A friend had posted a video that I remember seeing a year or two ago and it brought tears to my eyes then, and then again today.  Watch this video and see if you aren't moved to tears as well.


This man freakin' ROCKS!  He is nothing short of amazing.  His love for his son and his dedication to make his son's dreams come true, despite unbelievable obstacles, is an inspiration.  It makes me humble to see how this man did it for his son, all while pulling him in a boat, biking with him in front, and pushing him in a chair.  Most people will never even finish an Ironman, even without the extra weight to pull.  Most people think they can't finish an Ironman.  Most won't even try.  Team Hoyt as completed 6.

When I am out running, biking or swimming to do my personal best, I am going to think of this man and know that YES I CAN!

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

And I'm just trying to get through my run this morning without music....NO IPODS ALLOWED!!!!! Thanks for the shot in the arm ;)