Monday, July 18, 2011

A New Winner!

Ok, we will try again.  Since the first winner of the Nike sunglasses never claimed their prize, I did another random.org and found a new winner.  This time it is Christy at My Dirt Road Anthem!!!  yay!  I know she reads me on occasion, so I'm pretty sure she will claim it.  Christy--contact me at bouchard@midcoast.com and let me know where to mail you your new awesome sunglasses!!  Please!  So I can hurry up and get them off my desk.....

 Do you ever have one of those days where all your plans just fall apart right before you and a day that was supposed to be super-productive turns out to be nothing but a wasted day?  Well, that's how Friday went for me.  I took the day off to take my daughter and her friend to the last day of dance camp.  This studio is about 50 minutes away from my home so I had planned to drop them off, go swimming at the local YMCA and get my exercise done.  Then go get groceries and kill some more time before going back to the studio to watch the mini recital at 2.  Well, instead I rearranged my day to accomodate someone only to have that person change their plans last minute which, of course, completely screwed up my day.  Instead of doing what I had planned, I ended up driving about 2 hours more than necessary in God-awful traffic and didn't even get my swim in!  Ugh!  Later that night we did have the most beautiful full moon so that kinda made up for it.  In the words of my oldest, "Mom!  That was why your day was all messed up!  It's the full moon!"  So true.  So true. 

Trying, trying to get back on schedule with my exercise.  It is so hard with the hot, summer sun and the lack of a schedule because of summer school vacation.  I haven't gotten a swim in for 4 weeks.  Something always comes up on my swim day that prevents me from going to the pool.  The spinning class I usually attend at lunch is hit or miss--lately no one has been coming so I spin alone.  I have been doing my running regularly though, as that is the easiest type of workout to fit in. 

Ever have a day completely ruined due to someone else?  Summer vacation wrecking havoc with your workouts?  Do tell!  Let's wallow in our misery together!

3 comments:

Caratunk Girl said...

The heat makes it so so hard!! I totally know. As does the busy summer!

Christi said...

I have had workouts messed up by someone else and it usually really irks me! Luckily it has not happened in awhile.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Yay I love winning, so excited to get the sunglasses. i am not a fan of running in the heat. I try really hard to get my run done by 9 am.