Thursday, July 28, 2011

three things thursday

1.  I did it!  I got my lazy ass out of bed at 5:30!  You heard right, 5 freakin' 30!  I got my 4.5 mile run all done before anyone else in the house was awake.  Now I don't feel like such a lazy bum for missing lunch spin and not being able to run tonight because we are driving to the end of the earth.  Yay me!  It was actually quite nice once I swabbed the cobwebs out of my head.  No one was on the road.  Birds were chirping.  Sun was just coming up.  I was actually cold to start with.  I haven't been cold in awhile.  (I suppose cold is relative now, it was 60 deg. so not really cold.)

2.  Met with the accountant today--guess there is no legal real way to save money on taxes.  He just kept saying how lucky we are to have made good decisions regarding our business to be in the position we are in.  Also, that if we make XXX we actually pay less % of social security tax so that we should try to make more money.  All that accounting mumbo jumbo just gave me a headache and left me more confused.  And STILL paying a pile of taxes.  ugh.  Sometimes I hate being a grownup.

afterthought--maybe I should meet with members of congress to see how they do it.......

3.  Busy weekend again this weekend starting with tonight.  Heading 3 hours north to have a family reunion tomorrow, then back home.  Local fun 5K on Saturday--Boothbay Harbor Lobster Roll 5K.  A nice race that benefits the fundraising for a local outdoor track.  And they serve lobster afterward!  What more could you want?  Of course, we won't be buying lobster, as we have a few crated up ready to eat when we want!  But I will run the race.  Hopefully, my friends who said they were coming, are still coming to race--that will make it that much more fun.  I had a 2nd place AG award last year, but have moved into the 40-45 age group this year--typically a very competitive group.  I don't expect to place this year, but you never know. 

Once again, I have Friday off so I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: