Wednesday, October 3, 2012

September Review

September was looking to be a stellar month for running, but then something happened along the way.  Heel pain, kids sports and rain.  Such is life.  Here are my unimpressive totals.

Miles Run--39.8  Seriously?  .8?  Somewhere I couldn't have snuck in another .2 to make an even 40?  gah.  And if I'd run that 1/2 Marathon, I totally would have broken 50. 

Bike Minutes--185   My goodness!  Did I even get on the spin bike this month?  Wow.  Quite a bit less than in August.  I should be able to keep that number pretty high now that I can train at home.  I am so looking forward to using that trainer as it gets darker and colder. 

Weight Training--95 minutes. 

Tennis--4 hours

Swim--3500 yards

Wow.  Overall September was a pretty crappy exercise month.  Hard to believe I'm not 10 lbs heavier. 

Races--signed up for one:  The Maine 1/2 Marathon.  Completed:  none.  I just could not bear the thought of getting out of bed to run 2 hours in cold rain.  Again.  I did that last year.  I signed up only so I could run it again in better weather.  I hate the fact that I was lame enough to skip the race for weather reasons, but when it was POURING at 9 a.m. and bone-chilling raw outside, I was so happy I was at home with the kids.  As a friend had said to me before the race, "Races should be something you enjoy, not something you dread."  True.

Unfortunately, my new favorite race shirt is the one from this race.  It is the perfect cut and fit for me.  Now I'll have to explain each time I wear it why I didn't actully run the race.  Boo. 

Update on heel pain aka plantar fasciitis--since applying the Rock Tape, my foot has been feeling better.
Expertly applied.
 
I'm still planning on seeing the doctor on Friday because even though it's better, it's not perfect.  I also had not been running for 8 days either so I'm sure that helped.  I don't really get how it works, but the tape seems to hold everything in place and feels good on my foot.  I ran 5 miles easily last night and I could see a difference in that I was running regular--not changing my stride or gait because of my foot pain and it didn't hurt at all while running.  BUT, last night my heel was quite sore again when I got up in the night to use the bathroom.  So there's that.  It's not fixed just yet. 
 
Current Books--I just finished two books that I really enjoyed.  The Lower River by Paul Theroux and Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.  Two completely different books but I liked both of them.  I'm now on the search for a new book to read.  Help!
 
Current Tunes--I just downloaded Scream by Usher (pretty suggestive lyrics, but great tune if you get past that), One More Night by Maroon 5, Beautiful Monster by Ne-Yo (daughter's song for Halloween dance recital) and Blow Me (one last kiss) by Pink. 
 
Last month I did promise you some rafting photos and I finally have some!
 
Omg, is this not the best?  That's my little guy right in the front!  So freakin' cute!  Click on the photo and you can see his face in more detail.
 
This is where I got elbowed in the face!  Evidence! I don't even know where Princess is in this photo!
 
And my girls! 
 
 
How was your September?  Better than mine?


 

2 comments:

Terzah said...

My September was good in that I was able to run a lot more than I did in August. My standards are low. :^)

Hopefully you'll get more time to exercise in October. When things get crazy, they're just crazy.

Running With The Girls said...

You are injured! Gotta take it easy. There are always other races. And I love the rafting pics!