Monday, September 8, 2014

July AND August Review

Wow.  I am the lamest blogger ever.  I haven't even done July recap yet and it's already part way through September.  ugh.  #lazylazylazy


RUN
July--64.07 miles.
August--77.85 miles.  My highest mileage months ever.

This included two trail runs at Bradbury Mountain--a 6 miler and a 9 miler.  The 9 miler just about killed me!

Misery at it's best.


I also had two, YES TWO! 13 mile runs in August.  One a training run and one the Harborfest Half. Both of which just about did me in.

                         looking all happy and wonderful pre-race.                       guest of honor Gary Allen!     

   post race with #allthebling

Oh and a Color Me Rad event!  


I never thought I could get monthly totals like these, but I guess I can.  Good running friends and fun races to attend make all the difference.  

BIKE
July--210 minutes on the bike
August--180 minutes

This includes a tri relay which our team came in 6th out of 200 teams.  So much fun!

























No swimming and no tennis to speak of in the last two months, I suppose that's part of the reason my run miles have gone up so much.  Less swimming leaves more time for running.

There has been some of this:


and a little of this:


and OMG is there anything cuter than this??  I think not.

And then this happened:

I have a 9th grader, a 6th grader and a 4th grader.  I'm not sure how that is possible since I was just in high school just a few years ago.....

Races in July and August:
~Bradbury Mountain Scuffle
~Bradbury Mountain Breaker
~Lobster Roll 5K
~Color Me Rad "race"
~Harborfest Half Marathon
~Tri for a Cure Relay

Books:
~Divergent series--Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant.  All good, quick and easy reads.
~This Side of Brightness, Colum McCann.
~Game of Thrones series--late to the party, I know.  I'm on the second one.
~The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, The Death Cure all by James Dashner.  If you like Divergent, you will like these books too.
~The Secret History, The Goldfinch both by Donna Tartt
~The Color Purple--thought I had read this already but realized I hadn't when my daughter started reading it for summer English.

wow, guess I've been reading a lot this summer too.  Running and reading.  That is a good combination.

Music:
My kids are on a country music kick lately so that's what I've been listening to.  There is good and bad with that.  One can only stand so much country music.  The same holds true for pop music.
~Sunshine and Whiskey Frankie Ballard
~Maps Maroon 5
~All About That Bass Meghan Trainor

Otherwise, music stinks lately.

On deck for this month--field hockey, field hockey and football.  One more race at Bradbury Mountian, a 12 miler this weekend and no other races scheduled as of today.  I might squeeze in one more half marathon in October if it is agreeable with the fall sports schedule.

Enjoy the cooler weather as it arrives!  I know I will!!







1 comment:

..:danielle:.. said...

youre amazing! and did ALL THE RACES! cant wait to see you sunday, and i wont be as beat up as i should have been haha... lucky you :) bad ass status here we come!