Monday, September 15, 2014

Musical Monday--My Life Soundtrack

Today I was tagged by Jen Small to compile a group of songs that would be my soundtrack to my life (thus far).  Music can be so many things to people, for me, music helps me through whatever I'm going through at the time.  One song can bring me right back to that moment in the past when I was at a school dance or at a football game or at that college party.  I can remember exactly what was going on and almost exactly the feelings I had.

Music can be pretty powerful.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to try to figure out what would be my soundtrack.  Here's what I came up with.

Childhood:  Shawn Cassidy--Da doo run run (wtf does that even mean?)


oh my, I had the biggest crush on him.

KC and the Sunshine Band--I'm Your Boogie Man


I can remember playing this song over and over on my record player (for those of you not 40, it's this plastic disk that you put the needle on and it would play music.  If you were lucky.  If you weren't it would skip and play the same line over and over again.).


Tweens:  Soft Cell Tainted Love


One of those songs you just never forget.


Teens/High School:  Poison and Bon Jovi (or really any other hair band of that era).

Talk Dirty to Me--not because I was talking dirty to anyone, but just because I can remember singing this song at the top of my lungs with my friends.


Living on a Prayer--I think we wore out that cassette on the way to and from football games.


College

Hair bands were all of a sudden super uncool, (even though big hair was still da bomb).  I quickly tossed my metal and hair band music and replaced it with more cool college-y type music.

REM  Losing my Religion


U2--Pride in the name of love



omg did I love these songs and bands.  Rattle and Hum basically got worn out in my early 20's.

Oh wait!  One more for college, it was basically our sorority's theme song.

B52's Love Shack



30's--Simple Plan Welcome to My Life


I lost myself a bit in my 30's.  New marriage, new job, kids...  I let myself become unimportant, forgot who I was and what was important to me.  It's a hard thing--becoming a mom and not allowing that to be the only thing that you are.


40's--I found myself again.  Kelly Clarkson What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger



Sarah Bareillis--Brave



50's and beyond are chapters left to be written.  Stay tuned.


What would your life sound track be?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ohmahgod! i loved shawn cassidy too! hilarious...crazy how songs just bring back so many memories, huh??

love your list :D

That Pink Girl said...

Okay, I actually teared up a little
Reading this, especially your 40's songs when you rediscovered YOU! I looooove Brave!