Monday, April 2, 2012

March Review

I cannot believe that March has come and gone already.  It was a long month, but it sure went by quickly!  This weekend was another crazy one--driving all over the state for basketball.  The Maniacs didn't win their tournament but it was still fun.  It was clear that all the practices that we have missed have really hurt us.  It was obvious that two of the teams we played had been practicing, had a good coach, and skilled players.  We have a good coach and good players but have not had much practice lately. 

Sissy played much better this weekend though, being more aggressive on offense and taking some shots.  So, for that alone, this was a good weekend.  Winning is great, don't get me wrong, but if we have to lose, I want her to learn something and improve. 

Yesterday was a nice day after basketball was done--we had the 8 a.m. game so we were finished before everyone else in the world had gotten up!  The boys took off fishing and the girls stayed at home.  Mid-afternoon Sissy and Princess came with me on a run.  I didn't tell them how far we were going, I just told them we were going to run.  We ended up going 3 miles!  I was so proud of them.  I knew Sissy could do it, she had done a 5K last year, but Princess is only 8 and that's the furthest she has ever run!  She walked in few spots, but that's ok.  Now she wants to run a 5K race with me! :)

On to my March Review:

Miles Run--34.5  A little better than last month, but a far cry from what I was hoping to do.  There was a period of 2 weeks where either I or my family members were sick and that hampered my efforts to run.  April will be better.  I promise.

Minutes Spinning--245  Pretty similar to last month and overall a low number.  We have had basketball just about every Saturday which makes it impossible to get to the Sat. am spin class.  No excuses, but that's part of the reason the number is down.

Swim--10,000 yds  Pretty consistent with the swimming.  Because I swim 12-1 on Fridays, nothing really gets in the way of that swim.  Kids are in school, hubs is working, therefore, no reason to skip.  So this is a workout I never miss.  This brings my total since November to 31.5 miles in the new pool!  1/3 of the way to the 100 mile club!

Tennis--7 hours of tennis

Weights/P90X--75 minutes

Races--none

Current Excitement--I am still pretty excited that I got in to the Beach to Beacon 10K Road Race in August and in less than 2 weeks we will be heading to New Orleans and Florida for spring vacation and a conference.  Florida + Conference = Vacation that is tax deductible!  Woot!

Current Book--I have two that I am planning on reading:  Girlchild by Hassman and Carry the One by Anshaw.

Current Music--I am really liking Brokenhearted by Karmin, which for some reason, is only .69 through iTunes.  I don't know why it's not $1.29 like all the others.

Current Misery--preparing my taxes.  'Nuff said.

I hope you all had a great March and a great weekend!





1 comment:

Christi said...

I miss our basketball weekends. We always had such fun watching the boys play. My guy was a defensive maniac. Enjoy it!

March was a great month for you. Congrats!

I love Karmin! I was listening to them yesterday.