Wednesday, February 8, 2012

11 things

Well, I'm finally getting around to doing this 11 random things post.  Shannon from Tough Chik tagged me about a week ago so I guess I'd better get going and do this.  I think just about everyone in the blog world has done this already so I'll skip all the rules and such, you know them by now.  Here's my 11 things:

1.  I have to have the toliet paper roll with the paper going over the top, not coming from under.  Drives me crazy if it's under.  In fact, I will change it around and 'fix' it.  (Even at someone else's house.... )  Same with paper towels.

2.  I have a nasty habit of biting the hangnails around my fingers.  Not the fingernail itself, that is just gross, but the skin.  I have done it ever since I can remember.  My mother painted that nasty tasting stuff on my fingers and I just chewed through it.  I do it when I'm bored or very stressed.  All this running and tri-training I have been doing has actually been really good for kicking this habit.  My fingers look the best they ever have.  Less stress and boredom= less picking. 

3.  I don't tweet.  I don't get it really.  I have a twitter account for giveaways and discount coupons but that is it.  Also, it's just one more thing for me to try to do during my day.  Pinterest?  I don't get that either.

4.  I have lived in Maine my whole life except for 4 years of optometry school when I lived in the Boston area.  Not Boston proper but Malden and Everett. 

5.  I was always the shortest and smallest one in my class.  That tiny little girl who looks like she belongs two grades below.... that was me.  As a freshman, I began the soccer season at 4'11" and 98 lbs.  No boobs.  I grew 5" between my sophomore and junior year.  I am now 5'6 1/2".  Still no boobs.

6.  I was in the Chi Omega Fraternity in college.  (I know you think it's supposed to be called a sorority, but that was our official name.)  Anyhoo--I loved it.  Those years were some of the best times of my life.  There was no hazing in our particular group and it was just fun. 

7.  I don't really drink alcohol now.  I really can't remember the last time I was drunk.  I never really drank in high school, drank like a fish in college, and now, nothing.  I will have an occasional Mike's Hard Lemonade, but that's it.  Beer, wine, whiskey--blech.  Plus, what a waste of calories AND you have a splitting headache the next day?  No thanks.

8.  I need quiet and dark in order to sleep.  This means no napping for me unless I am half dead with sickness.  This also means I need to get to sleep pretty quickly at night before my husband starts snoring.  Once he starts snoring, there will be no sleep for me.  Unless I head to the bunkbed in my son's room.

9.  I hate eggs.  I wish I liked eggs because they smell good when frying and they are cheap and easy.  But I don't.  Never have.  Then I took embryology in college.  Even if I liked eggs then, there was no eating them after that class. 

10.  I played rugby at UMaine.  It was a club sport and lots of drinking fun.  I was the fly-half, which I barely even know what that meant.  I don't think we ever won, except at the drinking games.  Oh, the rugby songs!  Did anyone play rugby and remember those songs?  All hail the rugby queen! 

11.  I graduated #7 in my class in high school.  Which sounds really awesome until I tell you that there were only 70 kids in my class.  Then I sound pretty average. 


Now to answer the questions that Shannon from Tough Chik sent out.

1.  What is my favorite TV show?  I guess I don't really have a favorite show right now.  There's nothing that I must be home to see.  I like Bizarre Foods and Modern Family is hysterical.

2.  If you had to eat the same meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?  Hmmm.  That would be awful.  I don't love anything enough to want to eat it for the rest of my life.  If I had to choose, I guess it would be pizza.

3.  Do you cry at sad movies?  No.  Not a crier.

4.  Do you have any pre-race rituals?  What are they?  No.  I don't.   Try not to puke?

5.  Mac or PC?  This is a timely question as I just purchased my first mac!   So PC at work, mac at home.

6.  If you could pick the color of the new Tough Chik running singlet, what color would it be?  I would choose black or green.

7.  How did you find out about Tough Chik?  I found Tough Chik through Jenn Small's blog.  She was having a giveaway and I loved the whole TC theme and product.  Since then, I feel like I've become 'friends' with Shannon and I would really love to meet her in person some day.8.  What is my favorite song?  I have so many songs that I love.  Some because they remind me of a certain time in my life and others I just like the beat.  Right now I really like the stuff with David Guetta.

9.  Superbowl plans?  I'm a little late on this one, but we stayed home and watched with the kids. 

10.  How do you take your coffee?  Or if you don't drink coffee what is your morning beverage of choice? 
No coffee, but one Mountain Dew each morning.

11.  What is the worst job you have ever had?  I'm not sure if you can even call it a job, as I was there only for two days but I was hired to waitress at Kowloon (a large Chinese food restaurant in the Boston area--closed now).  I went for training for two days and it was the most uncomfortable I had ever felt at a job.  I was pretty much the only white person there except for the patrons and everyone either didn't speak English or wouldn't speak it to me.  It's the only time I ever have known what it feels like to be a minority. 

No tags here as everyone has done this exercise already.  Have a great Wednesday!!
 

5 comments:

Nitsirk said...

I was a ChiO too! Hooray for Cardinal and Straw. I also played rugby. I was the hooker :)

Christi said...

Crazy but I have to change the toilet paper as well. I chalk that one up to my OCD!

Kara said...

I have the same pre-race ritual! Haha

I feel the same about Pinterest. I just don't get it.

Terzah said...

I too have no pre-race ritual, a nasty cuticle biting habit (I stopped biting the actual nails in high school but haven't been able to lose the other habit) and am not a crier either. On the latter, I sometimes wonder if there's something wrong with me, because other people mention tearing up on a regular basis (Facebook status updates, commercials, etc.). I'm glad I'm not alone.

That Pink Girl said...

#3. I have learned SO much from Twitter and developed some great frienships. It's a little like chatting throughout the day if you want to. Sometimes I'll throw out a question, like "How much should I expect to pay for a bike fitting?" and I get really helpful responses! I trust my Tweeps more than the general internet. :o)