Wednesday. Wednesday. It's that day of the week again. Time for Stasha's Listicles. This week's topic is things/services/products that make your life easier. There are just so many things that make my life easier--it will be hard to keep the list at just 10.
1. Social Media--FB, texting, tweeting, email, whatever. Almost anyone and everyone you might want to talk to, from your mom to your best friend from 3rd grade, is literally right at your fingertips. Forget that you may not have spoken or seen this person in 20 years. You can find them in about 3 seconds and send them a message. Need a babysitter that evening? Stalk, I mean, search on FB, send a message and Voila! in about 2.5 seconds you have your answer. Do I even need to speak to anyone anymore? Barely. Brilliant!
2. My minivan. I love love love my minivan. I can fit anything and everything into that car. 7 people? yes! 1200 boxes of Girl Scout cookies? yes! 5 fishing poles, tackle box, 5 pairs of boots and bait? yes! All of this while getting 25 mpg? hell ya!
3. Every Apple product. I <3 apple! Seriously. What the heck did we ever do before Ipods, pads and tunes?? Whatever you want to do is on that tiny little piece of metal/plastic. Music? We've got that. You want to watch a movie? Sure. Kill some pigs with flying birds? No problem. Read a book? Done. The ipod/pad is the magic kid silencer. You want some peace and quiet? Hand over the ipad and silence is yours. Like magic. Works better than any pacifier and for any age group.
4. Mt. Dew. You all have your coffee. I have my Mt. Dew. Don't judge. It's citrus-y, bubbly, and tasty. And it wakes me up and makes me happy. So there.
5. Online bill payment. Again. Brilliant. I almost never have to buy a stamp or go to the post office anymore. Click, click bam! Bills are paid instantly! It's almost like you aren't even using real money. Until you look in your account and see that you don't actually have any real money....
6. My babysitters that drive. Hallelujah! The driving sitter is almost worth her weight in gold. Double even triple bonus if she has her own car! Take my kids to the beach, movies, whatever! I don't care. As long as you can drive them there yourself. I'll even give you gas money! Oh, can you pick them up from sports camp and grab some milk too? Yah. That's what I'm talking about.
7. Drive-thru anything. If it has a drive-thru, then I'm using it. Food, bank, pharmacy, store, doesn't matter. If I don't have to get out of my car and haul 2-3 kids behind me, then life is great. Thank you drive-thru. Everything needs a drive-thru.
8. My husband that cooks. Yes, I am that lucky. He thinks my cooking is blah and he gets out of work before I do, so it only makes sense that he starts dinners. He even has cut down on the salt that he uses. Just for me. But really, I don't complain if dinner is already cooked when I get home. I don't care what it is. I'm eating it with a smile on my face.
9. Debit cards. Seriously. What did the world do before debit cards?? Carry cash around all the time? I cannot remember the last time I had cash in my wallet. Maybe when I found $10 in the wash. This is one thing that I really cannot imagine my life without.
10. Google. The magic google. Gone are the days of searching through card catalogues at the library only to find that the one book you want is misfiled or already checked out. Whatever bit of useless information you are hankering to know is right at your fingertips, just seconds away. How old is Betty White anyway? How much does Venus Williams weigh? How many times has Lindsey Lohan been in jail? What is that rash thing creeping up on your leg? These answers and many more can be found in mere seconds via google. Love me some google.
Well, that's my list for today. What do you love that makes your life easier?
ps--80 deg here last Wednesday--snow and 25 deg today. wtf. Hoping to still get my run in this afternoon during Princess' dance.