Thursday, May 3, 2012

April Review

Well, now.  Didn't April just fly by like nothing?  Seems like I was just writing this month end thing for March and now here it is already into May. 

April was less than stellar for exercise due to my 10 day vacation.  But that's ok.  It was vacation after all.  All that fish we caught made up for the lack of exercise. 


Right??

I should be all set with omega 3 fatty acids. 

On with the recap.

Miles run--31.5  Not a complete goose egg but pretty close.  One 3 mile run less than March.  Oh well.

Spin minutes--154  I guess when you are not near a spin bike for 10 days, the number of minutes you spend on it drops drastically.  Go figure.

Tennis--5 hours played.

Weight Training--50 minutes

Swim--5500 yards

Still no races to speak of this month.  I have just been so busy with the kids' activities that I haven't dared to sign up for any.  I'll get my chance in June, July and August. 

I have signed up for Under Armour's What's Beautiful Challenge.  Feel free to go on and 'follow' me.  I am slowly getting some of the challenges done, but a lot of them require video and I'm still waiting to upgrade from my ghetto phone so that I can do that portion. 

My challenge is to complete an Olympic Length Triathlon this summer.  I am already signed up and ready to go.  Still hoping I don't completely panic in the ocean for the swim......  I guess that's the challenge part.

Current Excitement--I have a new phone on its way!  I get to get rid of this old blackberry that is slower than death with internet stuff!  I purchased a Galaxy 4G somethin' somethin'.  Hopefully, I can figure out how to use it!  I will miss the actual keys for texting though.  I'm not a fan of the touch screen for that, but I'm sure I'll get over it. 

Such a first world problem:  having to use a touch screen to text vs. keys.   Oh, the injustice of it all!

Current Music--I am currently loving That's What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction.  Catchy and cute.  Love it!  Watching the video makes me feel like I am as old as Betty White.  Holy cripe!  They all look like they are the same age as my daughter.  When did toddlers start forming bands??  They don't even look old enough to drive.  Jeesh.

Current Book--I have been downloading this and that from Amazon, but nothing that has really caught my attention as of yet.  I'm really in a book funk lately.  I have read everything that is current and good and cannot find anything to keep my attention.  I'm always open to suggestions if you have any.

I hope May is off to as good a start for you as it is for me!  Have a great day!


4 comments:

Lisa said...

I wasn't a fan of touch screens either, then I got my iPhone. I'm smitten :) Enjoy!

Christi said...

You will adapt to the touch screen. Congrats on the new phone!

Terzah said...

I'm a librarian and I can sometimes pair people with books if you give me your top three favorites or the three best you've read semi-recently....

Teamarcia said...

Yay for a nice long vacay! Looks like you still got in plenty of activity.