Thursday, June 28, 2012

Planks, Pushups and Squats

It is almost July.  July!  Can you believe it??  June in Maine really shouldn't even be considered a part of summer because it is always such a shitty month weather-wise.  It rains and rains and rains and can be quite cold. 

I had a brilliant idea that school should go through June and the kids have September off instead!  We would solve the problem of losing student workers to school when we still have the really busy fall tourist season and September is such a beautiful summer month that the kids would still get to enjoy. 

Anyway, with July right around the corner I saw this challenge on twitter:

I guess I don't have to put the link there because you can clearly see it!  The challenge is to do either plank, pushups or squats each day.  Do as many as you can without stopping or plank for as long as you can.  Then the next time you do that activity, you try to do more or plank longer than you did last time.  The challenge will be to make improvements and do it at least 5 times a week.  Here is a really handy chart to record your progress.

Join us in this challenge!  I know I don't do enough pushups, planks or squats so this will be a good one for me.  Click HERE and sign up!

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures from Manimal's jiu-jitsu win.  Still so proud. :)

Yah, you're big.  So what.  My look of death will take you down.



Winner!

And a new belt for his efforts!



 

2 comments:

Running With The Girls said...

Great and easy challenge. I don't do enough of those either. & of course you should be proud!

Stasha said...

Your kid is awesome. Have fun planking lady!