Monday, February 11, 2013

Oh so late January Review

So here it is the middle of February and I'm finally getting around to reviewing January.  Between storm Nemo and work and kid's stuff, I haven't had a lot of extra time.  Somehow I keep thinking that will get better and next week I'll have more time or next month, but life still remains crazy busy. 

Run--49.4 miles.  Geez.  I wish I had totalled this up sooner, seems like I could have squeaked out another .6 miles to make an even 50.  Oh well.  Still a pretty good month for me.

Bike--220 minutes on the spin bike.  Doing well with this still.  I am able to get time on the trainer at home and bring my minutes up for the month. 

Swim--4000 yds.  Not very good this month.  It goes along with how crazy busy I have been feeling.  If I can't get to swim on Friday or Saturday, it likely doesn't happen.  Thank you snow storm Nemo for messing up swim this week.  Totals for Feb aren't looking much better.  Gah.

Weights--65 minutes weight training

Tennis--8 hours of tennis

Races--None in January.

Exciting Stuff in Jan--I don't think I ever mentioned that Sissy's basketball team won their league championship.  They were 16-1 and had a great season.  I am just so proud of how well she played and I love to see the team do well.  I swear I am far more nervous/excited/proud about her playing than I ever was when I was playing.  Why is that?  Why do I care more now about winning than I did when I played? 

Here's some cool pics of Sissy during her game.  #33 white

LINK

LINK2

LINK3

The team with the trophy for league champions and overall champions!  Sissy in front with trophy on right.

The other exciting thing is that my teeth are finally back to normal!  Woo!  After about 2 months of severe pain from having cavities filled, I am finally back to normal.  Turns out I developed TMJ from one of the teeth not lining up properly and once the dentist ground it back down to normal, my pain resolved over a period of 3 weeks.  Finally.  You would think that I would stop drinking Mt. Dew by now, right?  You would be wrong.  Oh, the addiction!

More exciting stuff--our vacation is booked for April!   woo!  Heading to the Lone Star State!  San Antonio and Corpus Christi to be exact.  So if you have any must-do stuff in TX, please share!

Current Annoyance--I just found out some things regarding work that will change things for us.  It's one of those things that I have no control over and can't do anything about.  We are trying to focus on what we can do and hope that things work out for the best. 

Current Book--The Good Earth by Pearl Buck.  I just found out this is a series so now I have to buy the other two books.  Lately I've been on a Chinese culture kick with my reading and this book is no exception. 

Flowers for Algernon was another good book I finished last month. It's about a mentally retarded man who has an operation and becomes genius and the problems he encounters along the way.  A sad story for sure. 

Current Obsession/Indulgence--snack size peppermint patties.  I cannot be trusted with a bag of those.  I also could not stop myself from eating 5 (or 6, but who's counting?) pinwheels.  What?  You don't know what a pinwheel is?  Lucky you.  Don't buy them unless you want to eat the whole damn pack.
 
Danger!  These are more addictive than crack!  Don't say I didn't warn you.



How was your month?

Are you more stressed out about your kid's activities than they are?   I don't want to leave this question just about sports because I know band parents can be crazy too



2 comments:

..:danielle:.. said...

why did i even read this? now those chocolates are all i want. thanks.

Lisa said...

Fortunately, I don't have a weakness for Pinwheels. Lemon bundt cake from Market Basket? That's a different story. I have no "shut off" button. 'nuff said.

Nice balanced month of running, swimming, tennis...!