Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Things That Bring Me Joy

Stasha from Northwest Mommy is doing her Monday listicles thing again today and today's topic is 10 Little Things That Bring Me Joy.  Sounds like a great topic and since I'm all pissy right now, I thought it might make me feel less pissy to remember the things that made me happy this past weekend.  So here goes.

1.  My son's first travel team game.  He's a second grader among 3/4 graders.  And he scored.  Three times. JOY. :)
Number 1.  No bigger than a pint of piss.

2.  Watching a young man who my husband coached in basketball 4 years ago, get his 1000th point in a tournament game last night. 

3.  Walking the dog at night during a full moon. 

4.  Eating my chicken casserole.

5.  Grumpy Cat.  She brings me joy every time I see her.
or my favorite
 
Seriously, how can you not love Grumpy Cat?

6.  Kissing my sweet little boy's cheek.  Or even Princess' cheek.  There is something just so perfect about little kid's cheeks.  They lose a little when they become teenagers, but the little kid cheek is just perfect.  It makes me a little sad to think one day he will have whiskers on that soft cheek. 

7.  Princess showing off what she's learned at dance class.  Unfortunately, the style she shows off most is tap.  Why can't quiet ballet be her favorite style?

8.  Being able to swim, bike AND run all in a day that I thought I wasn't going to be able to exercise at all.  And I swam at the YMCA in my running tights and tank because I forgot my swim suit.  Completely allowed, if you are wondering. (I asked.)  I looked like an orca, but that's a topic for another day.

9.  Hearing big sister tell her little brother how great he did in his basketball game.  And she meant it.  And she did it without prompting. 

10.  Green chile sauce on my enchiladas from Margarita's Mexican Restaurant.


I was then going to add the things that had pissed me off today but I'm feeling so good from the above list that I'm over it and not going to ruin that feeling.

What has brought you joy this week?
 
 
added after post was published:
 
This just brought me joy as well--Princess wearing our favorite babysitter's jersey as a dress.  I hope she's going to wear it to the tournament game tonight.  Love them--my kid and my sitter. 
 




 

3 comments:

Running With The Girls said...

So many things to be grateful for!!!!

Rachee said...

I heart grumpy cat too!

Home Generator Sunnyvale said...

Great readding your blog post