Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend Recap

Finally the nice warm weather has arrived in Maine!  We had a really warm and nice weekend and it was just great!  Unfortunately, with the sun comes the black flies.  They were deadly this weekend and our family took a beating. 
Bug bite directly under my eye!
Close up in case you couldn't see!  Please ignore the wrinkles and face without makeup.....

I was not the only victim of the bugs.  My poor middle daughter got one on her eyelid.
Looking good, huh?  Poor girl, she is allergic to the black flies and swells right up with every bite.  Same daughter when she was 1 with a similar bite.

This one was a little worse.  It was swollen shut for a week!  Same eyelid though...that's kinda funny that it happened to the same eyelid.

Yesterday we had the Memorial Day parade and my Girl Scout troop marched in it.  They are so cute!



Well, one more week to go to my Sprint Tri!  I can't believe it is this Sunday!  I was able to swim on Friday and had the lifeguard time me so I could be placed in the correct wave.  I swam 500 yds in 9:56.  Not sure where that puts me, but I'm pretty happy with the time.  Hopefully, I can do that well on Sunday.  I don't think I'm going to get any awards for this race because they only give out an award to the first finisher in each age group.  I'm pretty sure I won't be first.  I could try for third but unlikely to get first.  Oh well.  I'll do my best and we'll see where the chips fall.  Looks like the weather is going to cooperate for the weekend though.  Temperatures are finally climbing a little here in Maine.  Just no rain, please!

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend.  Let the summer begin!


2 comments:

Emz said...

OMGosh.
That's crazy.

I'll take my scorpions. ;)

Christi said...

Ouch those bug bites don't look good at all!